Main Content:

You're Welcome for Pink Elephant's "Practitioner Radio"

Back on August 11, 2010, I tweeted:
@ServiceSphere Very impressed with the 8/9 podcast! You had sponsor on & it didn't sound like a @Hornbill_ITSM commercial. Pink could learn.

Well, I don’t know if Pink Elephant was listening, if my little tip of the karmic cycle kicked off an auspicious series of events or if I’m a Firestarter – but I do think it’s plainly evident that Practitioner Radio with Chris Dancy and Troy DuMoulin of Pink Elephant is all thanks to me!

You’re all welcome.

I drove to Florida for my “Managing Across the Lifecycle” class last year. For those 21 (or so) hours straight, I not only drove the car, I also drove my wife absolutely insane listening to numerous ITSM Podcasts, including the “ITIL Foundation Podcast” from The Art of Service (which I highly recommend). Among them was a seemingly endless supply of old PinkCasts. I have to say, some of them were pretty damned good – most of them, however…

This morning I listened to Practitioner Radio Episode 5 – Release and Deployment.

I spent hundreds of hours in formal ITIL training on my path to ITIL Expert. I spent those 21 hours (or so) listening to ITSM podcasts on that drive, and I listen to ITSM podcasts during my commute (as often as I can find them) – all in all, several hundred hours of podcasts since I discovered ITSM podcasts the day before that drive to Florida. I’m a practitioner. I teach ITIL Foundation. I am very much involved in learning as much as I can about ITSM and doing my small part in pushing the edge of the discipline. Still, with all that pursuit, it wasn’t until I spent less than 30 minutes listening to Chris and Troy talking, on my way to work this morning, that the relationship between Release, Change and Deployment finally really gelled for me. I finally got it.

Hats off to you, guys! Excellent, Excellent show – I will keep listening.

And just think… it’s all thanks to me!

February 24, 2011, 08:17:54 am

About The Author

Comments

one_raven2

Ignore me. It's just Craig testing the email notifications.

one_raven2

Looking good so far - though a bit slow... Another test.

Add a Comment

Only registered members can post comments, please click here to register.

Pages: [1]